Wall Mounted Toilets

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Wall Mounted Toilets

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

We need to replace two wall mount toilets & I can’t find any locally (Phoenix, AZ). Can you refer me
        to any companies?

Thank you.

Participant

Before your replace a wall hung toilet I think you need to do the following

1- Get the center to center measurement of the chair carrier bolts BOTH horizontally and vertically.

2- It would also be a fantastic idea to count the bolts 3 or 4

3- You may also want to decide if these toilets are ADA approved

4- How about either elongated OR round front?

5- Are the toilet seats to be open front or closed and ARE they to have a cover or not?

6-What color are you looking for?

7- How many GPF are you wanting it to be?

8- What manufacturer? DUH Why not contact a local Master plumber so you can ask him/her these questions… Have a nice day

SylvanLMP

Participant

1.The bolt center measurement is a standard, except for Case/Briggs 3000.

2. 3 bolts are blow-out bowls, not used in residential and few commercial installations.

3. The ADA requirement is met by the height of the carrier not the bowl.

4. Elongated or round front is a valid question.

5. Toilets seats are irrelevent to the type of toilet.

6. Color is also important.

7. GPF will be 1.6 unless you use a white or bone colored commercial toilet.

8. Manufacturer is also irrelevent since he just wants a combination.

Two valid questions out of 8 is not a good score.

Try Specialty Plumbing Supply on the West side. They handle Crane and I believe Crane still makes a wall hung.

Participant

i forgot to mention, if you can use a pink one, I have a new Kohler 3.6 gpf round front in Scottsdale.

Participant

1.The bolt center measurement is a standard, except for Case/Briggs 3000.

Wrong I had several 4 bolt models vary as much as 3/4″

2. 3 bolts are blow-out bowls, not used in residential and few commercial installations.

Wrong Again lots of ONE FAMILY homes have chair carrier toilets installed try again ( not everyone lives in a trailer or out house plummmmmn)

3. The ADA requirement is met by the height of the carrier not the bowl.

Hey dude WHAT carrier on a floor mounter WC? God do you have any idea what your spewing?

AND the Board of Health REQUIRES open front seats BUT then again YOU didnt think about it

You can also meet ADA requirements with a higher than normal seat so you dont have to change the ruffing. Again dude READ ADA and Barrier FREE DESIGN
                Amazing how some states GIVE a license away to anyone

4. Elongated or round front is a valid question.

5. Toilets seats are irrelevent to the type of toilet.

Wrong SEE Heath department rules DUDE this person NEVER said WHERE these toilets are to be located Hj your batting a thousand Are they installed in a private home OR a public rest room ?

OPEN Front is CODE in This COUNTRY But then again lots of Billy Butt Cracks DONT read codes or understand what they read.

6. Color is also important.

7. GPF will be 1.6 unless you use a white or bone colored commercial toilet.

Wrong AGAIN water waste is Federal controlled READ Safe water Drinking acts and all the fine print about “conservation”

ANY WC over 1.6 is ILLIGAL to install in some states But Hj could careless.
                Rules are for others NOT him

8. Manufacturer is also irrelevent since he just wants a combination.

Not all Wc’s ARE created Equal some are ILLIGAL as they cant pass an an 1 3/4″ solid ball BUT you didnt know that either HUH?

Two valid questions out of 8 is not a good score.
                Try Specialty Plumbing Supply on the West side. They handle Crane and I believe Crane still makes a wall hung.

So Does Gerber and Crane and American Standard And THEY atre “APPROVED” Hj try reading OR atleast looking at the pictures of ASSE Am

Hj did you ever finish ANY apprenticeship?

SylvanLMP

[Edited by SylvanLMP on 10 May 2000]

Participant

I will not have a duel of wits with an unarmed man. So I refuse to get into another exchange. But if you reread your last reply, relative to the original question, you will see it is full of BS.

Participant

Also, please check your Kohler catalog under “COMMERCIAL TOILETS” k-4450-c for example is a 3.6 gpf. American Standard also has them.

Participant

Well, that was a fiery debate. I, too need to locate a wall mount toilet for a residence. We would like to install a half bath in the loft of a log home without having to raise the bathroom floor. We can use the loft wall and send the waste down a chase in the adjoining wing without going thru the ceiling. Plumber tells me it will cost about $500 to $600. Is this about right for a wall mount?
                      He has not mentioned brands. Help!

Participant

Instead of a wall mount toilet have you possibly considered a floor mounted BACK OUTLET toilet? Ta Dum

I use them in luxury condos where I have no access from the floor below.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This