Standing Water

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Standing Water

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have standing water in my back yard. I cannot easily tie into my sewer system. Is there a sump pump system designed for back yards to relocate water above ground level? What I am thinking is drain tile to a resovior, then pumped out to drain. Any hep on who I can contact or any ideas would be appreciated. FYI, I live in Buffalo, NY.. ground is mostly clay.

Participant

Joe W., a new product that would serve your needs very well is called DrainCore2, manufactured by Invisible Structures, Inc. The webpage address is;
          http://www.invisiblestructures.com

As for the sump pump, I recommend the Zoeller sump pump. The folks at Zoeller will be happy to help you determine the appropriate pump for your specific application. JWA

Participant

Id you pump it to a drain/sewer you will probably be breaking the law. Most cities do not want storm/standing water running into the sewer system since it will overload the capacities. In fact in this area, you are not even allowed to dispose of water that is on the property. It has to be retained in detention basins and then either soak into the ground or drain into cesspools drilled in the ground.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This