sewage ejector pump

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage sewage ejector pump

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Is the sewage that is pumped up broken up. All of the pumps that I see handle 2″ of waste. What happens if the waste is larger ?

Participant

A 2″ sphere pump has a 2″ inlet. Therefore, what goes in should go through. Something larger than 2″ should not get in. If the piece of @#$#@$% is bigger than 2″ and gets sucked in, it should go through the pump. Some sewage pumps with 2″ discharges will not pass 2″ spheres. You will need to ask if a 2″ sphere will pass through the pump case, not just through the discharge pipe.

Participant

Brenda, for sewerage ejector 2″ is more then enough for most residential usage.

In case of heavy usage conditions I use a grinder pump that turns sewerage into a slurry for ease of disposal with a 4″ discharge.

One sewerage ejector I installed had a 6″ discharge even though it had a 8″ inlet YET it could only pass 2″ solids as normally the largest obstacle is going to enter the soil system through a toilet and it only passes 1/3/4″ so anything over 2″ is just useless and most cities dont like large “solids” entering the drainage system.

I have seen a Zoller sewerage ejector pass a large rock with no apparent damage to the impeller.

The only thing I have found to disable most pumps/ejectors is feminine products that jam up the impeller.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This