Toilet won’t flush / slow draining

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Toilet won’t flush / slow draining

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

One of my toilets will not drain when flushed. The water comes to the top, swirls around, but won’t drain. If I pour 5 gallons into the bowl, it will flush fine. I’ve read some of the comments on here and am not sure what it means to check the sewer vent.

A little history, I had to replace my sewer line this year because of roots. Because of a sewage backup, had to also replace the tile in the bathroom, when I took the toilet up to lay the tile, their were roots (fresh, green roots) growing up the toilet. I cleaned these out, poured commerical chemicals down the drain and reseated toilet. So, is this a root problem, sewer vent or bad toilet?

Thanks so much for your help! I’m a newly single mom just lovin these plumbing problems!

Participant

CHECK THE VENT IN THE CLOSET IT COULD BE SCALED CLOSED WITH LIME HAVE FUN

Participant

Can’t really help with your problem but really sounds like a venting problem , post here if you find a solution so we can all share, i have a similar problem and will do the same.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This