Sewer Replacement

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Sewer Replacement

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I need to have the sewer replaced due to tree roots. The city main is about 125 yards from my house. About halfway to the easement is a very large oak tree (Probably planted when the home was built) directly over the sewer. Can this service be renewed with a slight offset to save the tree? The yard has plenty of room fot this.

Participant

ras, this project is an Ideal candidate for the “Trenchless Sewer Pipe Replacement Process”. Check it out on the following web site address.
          http://www.dalestrenchless.com

The process would not injure the valuable oak tree, and provides a polyethylene sewer pipe replacement with no joints, other than at cleanouts, and the sewer main connection. The grade of the sewer pipeline will be excactly as it is now.

Dale may be able to direct you to a local “Trenchless” contractor in your area.

In many cases when using conventional sewer pipeline replacement methods, the cost of repairing the damage incurred to the landscape is greater than the cost of the pipeline replacement.

JWA

Participant

quote:

Originally posted by ras:
            I need to have the sewer replaced due to tree roots. The city main is about 125 yards from my house. About halfway to the easement is a very large oak tree (Probably planted when the home was built) directly over the sewer. Can this service be renewed with a slight offset to save the tree? The yard has plenty of room fot this.

Unlike Johns opinion I being just a plumber would have to know WHAT TYPE of material your existing sewer piping is made of.

I dont think John thought about if this piping was Orangeburg or possibly cushed plastic or corroded Cast Iron.

Is the root infiltration coming from one joint Or a large gapping hole in the pipe?

Before you decide on a repair why not have a video inspection to know exactly how many joints failed and the extent of damage?

Using a video inspection camera With a locator you could possibly need only one minor repair.
            Before you go for relining find out what repairs are actually needed.

Call in professional Plumber and NEVER ASSUME the worst.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This