French Drain

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage French Drain

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 23 years ago by Avatar photoCoker77.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I need to back fill soil into my yard to eliviate drainage problems. I am afaid that if I do so, all of my run-off will make it’s way to my neighbor’s yard. I assume this isn’t the neighborly thing to do. I can see that (with proper grade attention) I could run all of the excess water to the sides of my house and use French drains to move the water to a “desired location”. I live in a house that is pre-constructed and I would have to send the French drains under my sidewalk and through the curb to reach my street. This seems (to me) like a preety hefty project. Any suggestions?

Participant

Wade Kerr,

You are right, it is not neighborly, nor in most cases legal, to divert runoff water onto an adjacent property unless, of course the water historically flowed onto this propery.

Check out some state-of-the-art drainage products that can be used to construct this specific drainage system. I recommend the Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc. (ADS) product- Advan-EDGE, and the Invisible Structures, Inc. product- DrainCore2. The web page addresses for these two manufacturers are:
          http://www.ads-pipe.com

and
          http://www.invisiblestructures.com

Be creative in using either one of these products, and an excellent drainage system will result. Good Luck. JWA

Participant

Water-Barrier is a dry basement in a box! If you think you might like to install a Water-Barrier.com system yourself Good Luck!

quote:

Originally posted by Wade Kerr:
            I need to back fill soil into my yard to eliviate drainage problems. I am afaid that if I do so, all of my run-off will make it’s way to my neighbor’s yard. I assume this isn’t the neighborly thing to do. I can see that (with proper grade attention) I could run all of the excess water to the sides of my house and use French drains to move the water to a “desired location”. I live in a house that is pre-constructed and I would have to send the French drains under my sidewalk and through the curb to reach my street. This seems (to me) like a preety hefty project. Any suggestions?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This