septic pump problems

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage septic pump problems

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have an aerobic septic system and the pump will run and then shut off. It has to be reset, which may or may
        not work. I assume the pump is bad, as there is nothing in the first tank blocking the aerorator. Can the pump be repaired versus being replaced?
        thanks

Participant

David, its according to the type of pump and the manufacturer. Some pumps are designed to be repaired while others are throw aways. I would recommend that you pull the pump, find out the manufacturer and call them to see if they have authorized service stations. It might be worth having the pump looked at to see if its worth fixing. Also, ask the manufacturer the list price of the pump and the life expectancy. If the pump lists for $125, why spend $75 to $100 to repair. If the cost of the new pump is low and its not to expensive to repair the old pump, you might buy a new one, fix the old one and then you’ll have a backup. If the life expectancy is 5 to 10 years and the pumps lasted less then that, it might be the wrong pump for the application. ON ANOTHER NOTE: if the pump runs for a while and then shuts off and is pumping when it runs, it sounds like the pump is kicking off on thermal overload. The stator might be bad. Good luck, Tony Renfro http://www.zoeller.com

Participant

Depending on the “head” that has to be pumped I always go with a Sewerage Ejector like Federal pump Or Stevens who gives one of the longest guarantees on the market.

Participant

David L. Wolfe, from the wording of your inquiry, I assume that you are speaking of the air pump serving your aeration septic system. If this is the case, then Tony’s advice is sound, I agree with him, and obviously there is no need for a sewage ejector pump. Sewage ejector pumps are designed to pump raw sewage. Please clerify the type of pump with which you are having a problem. JWA

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This