Sewer Odor in Yard

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Sewer Odor in Yard

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have heard of a few places that have problems with sewage smell from the septic system being released from the vent pipe on the roof, but settling back down in the yard and causing an odor nuisance.
        Has anybody heard of similar cases ?
        I was wondering if this is a common problem ?

Participant

Peter, the answer to your first question is yes. The answer to your second question is also yes. There are two possible solutions to this problem. The first is to extend the roof vent pipes higher above the roof. If you still have sewer gasses carried into your yard by down drafts, then the second solution is to place Activated Carbon Roof Vent Filters on all of the roof vents.

I have had good results with “Sweet Air” roof vent filters in solving this same problem with my septic system clients in the past. You can view the filters on a web site, and order the filters from Richard Septic Systems, Inc. of Torrington, Connecticut. Jim Richard’s web site address is;
          http://www.geocities.com/richardseptic/accessories.html

The filters are “guaranteed” for 90 days, but they are effective for several years. The activated carbon can be replaced when it loses its effectiveness. JWA

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This