Toilet Clogging

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Toilet Clogging

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I recently installed a Crane toilet with a Sloan pressure assist unit in my main floor bathroom. It worked wonderfully for about 3 weeks and then it would no longer flush. I removed the toilet and found that the sewer line was full of water. I snaked the line and was able to empty a 5 gallon bucket of water down the drain with no problems (several times). 2 days later the problem was back.

I have 4 inch cast iron pipes in my home. Under the lead/brass toilet flange is a 90 degree elbow (which is clean) that travels horizontally about 3 feet to a vertical tee. The top of the tee leads through the second level to a 4 inch roof vent, the bottom of the tee leads to another tee that lies horizontally. One side of the tee accepts input from the sink, the other side travels horizontally to the sewer stack. The stack is clean and flows freely…my guess is that my tee is clogging.

Should I replace the cast iron with plastic and eliminate the tee’s? Are these toilets known to cause problems like this?

Thanks – Tim

Participant

Should I replace the cast iron with plastic and eliminate the tee’s? Are these toilets known to cause problems like this?

Tim most cast Iron fittings have a much longer radious then the plastic counter part.

This sounds like you may have a slight back pitch problem.

Why not have these lines water jetted THEN video inspected to see if water is pocketing?

At that time if they are the Camera should have a locator built in to pin pont the exact spot of the problem and then your plumbing contractor can decide what needs to be done.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This