Sewer clean out leaking

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Sewer clean out leaking

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

have a 4″ cast iron with a 3″ plug and have a leak.

I know it is going to be 1) messy 2) need a snake 3) need a new fitting.

in the correct order how to I fix it and what tools and supplies will I need to fix it myself.

Can I use a drain flusher that you connect at the end of a hose instead of a snake. Sewer was snaked in July 00.

What type of a plug can I use with the cast iron.

Participant

have a 4″ cast iron with a 3″ plug and have a leak.
          I know it is going to be 1) messy 2) need a snake 3) need a new fitting.

in the correct order how to I fix it and what tools and supplies will I need to fix it myself.

1- Normally under DECENT plumbing codes the clean out should be the same size of the piping t serves BUT some stumble bums use undersized clean outs as they are CHEAP Sob’s FULL size up to 4″ then you can cheat by using a 4″ CO

Can I use a drain flusher that you connect at the end of a hose instead of a snake. Sewer was snaked in July 00.

2- Using a Garden hose that connects your potable water into a Sewer I DONT THINK SO unless you have HEAVY health insurance and dont mind a major fine for causing a direct cross connection.

This kind of drain cleaning can net you one severe fine if your caught Hey its your call

What type of a plug can I use with the cast iron.

3- A lead FITS ALL PLUG if the existing threads are corroded Other wise go with a brass plug with Teflon paste or tape

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This