PVC pipe diameter (outside)

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage PVC pipe diameter (outside)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

The plumber left behind on the bathroom floor a 3″ (inside diameter) PVC pipe for the toilet drain connection. I assumed this was a standard 3″ connection and purchased a toilet flange for a 3inch diameter. Tried fitting both an all PVC and another with a metal toilet flange without success. Both of these standard 3″ flanges are too small (they do not go over the existing 3″ inside and 3 1/2″ outside PVC pipe). Doesn’t the industry specify the dimension of PVC pipes? From my observation I about a 1/16th interference between the pipe and the newly purchased toilet flange. Do I need to trim the pipe down to fit into the flange or is there other flanges specifically designed for thickner wall pipes?????

Participant

If the guy used PVC and only 3″ wow you need to ask for a license next time. All kiding asaide try getting a No Hub Quick set floor flange in 3″ dia .
          Personally I never use less then 4″ cast Iron for a toilet, but hey I like peace of mind knowing my installations wont clog up or make any noise when installed BUT hey to each his own huh?

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This