Suspect air bubble for slow drain -how to fix?

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Suspect air bubble for slow drain -how to fix?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Can anyone help? I have a slow kitchen drain; after plunging it can keep up with full open faucet, but then reverts back to a very slow drain. Suspect air bubble, also I hear water drain then stop on and off when water level falls below drain. Do I have to reset drain-pipe position. What else can be wrong? [email protected]

Participant

Like most kitchen drain partical blockages, grease is the problem.

Snaking or using a plunger is only a stop gap as either one only removes some of this debris build up. Chemicals I found are not only useless but dangerous.

Your best bet is to hire a licensed plumber and have him her water jet this line.

Think of it like this.

Place your finger in a jar of grease, mud, or other soft material and pull it out, SEE the hole close up again? Same with a grease stoppage it must be flushed away and snaking isn’t going to do it. Have fun

Participant

Sylvan, what an EXCELLENT example you gave with the finger in the jar of grease/mud. I can now understand why water jetting should be used instead of snaking in some instances. Keep up the good work!!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This