Lay-man’s Perc. Test

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Lay-man’s Perc. Test

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am seeking instructions on performing a soils percolation test to help me determine the best leach field for my septic system. We are building our house at a fairly remote site, (Seldovia, AK), and I am trying to save the cost of flying an engineer out.
        Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Participant

Jon Austermuhl, I would prefer to discuss this very important issue with you in a private e-mail discussion. I think that the standard US Public Health Service Method for performing soil percolation tests is so fallacious that it will yield incorrect results despite following the instructions exactly. The result is no more accurate if you do pay for an engineer’s trip to your island to perform the test. Send me an e-mail message to the following address:

[email protected]

I have developed an alternative percolation test method that is approved in Colorado, but I do not know if the test method will be approved in Alaska. It may be that you are not concerned with obtaining a permit for your system, but instead wish to know the correct percolation rate of the soil on your site for leach field sizing purposes. JWA

Participant

Jon, I am having problems with my computer, and printer. I have lost your e-mail address in cyberspace, and was not able to print out your message. Please send me another e-mail message so that I can get your address. JWA

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This