laws regarding to drainage

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage laws regarding to drainage

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #278685

      A friend has had a pipe burst between the T section to his property and his building (under the footpath).
      Firstly is the local water authority responsible to fix this?
      The basement level has been flooded and it drained via the rear of the building, another building further along has also been flooded (apparently from the run off of his) and wants to be compensated.
      What happens here?
      I thought he (friend) wouldn’t be held responsible for that as the water from the burst pipe flowed along the natural path just as rain water would.
      Any help would be appreciated.

    • #299070

      Here in Brisbane the Council owns up to the water meter, after that its yours.
      If its your side of the line then i would assume the compensation is your problem since it would be your main that burst, BUT, im a plumber NOT a litigation lawyer

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This