Water Jetting Pipes

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage Water Jetting Pipes

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

I live in a house built in 1947. When the washer empties into the laundry tub, the floor drain located underneath the washer will slightly overflow with water. I moved the washer and snaked the floor drain cleanout 15 feet but it still wants to overflow especially if the washer is set at large or oversize load setting. At this point it looks like I need to have the pipes water jetted. How is this type of project typically priced by a plumber? How much room around the floor drain is required for a water jetting machine? Would it make sense to water jet the main cleanout as well (located on the other side of the basement)? Would using a bacteria based cleaner in lieu of the jetting be a waste of money. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Participant

How is this type of project typically priced by a plumber?

Answer I charge slightly more for jetting then snaking a line as it takes longer to do it properly

How much room around the floor drain is required for a water jetting machine?

Answer: The same or LESS then using a snake. As your using a much smaller diameter hose then rodding normally

Would it make sense to water jet the main cleanout as well (located on the other side of the basement)?

Answer: YES as this Original piping also has debris (grease, soap scum) deposits that should be removed to get full flow

Would using a bacteria based cleaner in lieu of the jetting be a waste of money.

Chemicals in My Professional opinion are for Stumble bums looking to supplement their income do to NOT knowing how to properly clean a drain RIGHT.

Think about this your drain pipes are 53 Years old working all without the use of USELESS chemicals. Save your money

Thanks in advance for your replies.

No problem. Why not try these articles regarding the exact questions you asked
          http://www.masterplumbers.com/plumbing/plumbviews/1999/jetters.html
          http://www.masterplumbers.com/plumbing/plumbviews/1999/chemicals.html

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This