bathtub drain

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage bathtub drain

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Upstairs master bathtub decided not to drain shower water. I removed the overflow, which was actually pretty clean, and snaked down quite a ways with no obstructions. The water still did not move. I removed much of the water from the tub and used Liquid Plumber, no movement at all. When I used a plunger on the overflow hole water and dirt bubbled up, but no drainage. How do I get the drain screen off so I can attempt to snake directly down the drain, since the blockage must be between the drain and where the overflow drain meets. Or is this the answer?
        Thank You for any assitance.

Participant

Easiet way to just clean the tub trap is hold a rag over the over flow hole and Plunger the waste .

If you don not hold the rag over the over flow opening you can not create the vacuum needed to clear/ break up the stoppage.

FORGET CHEMICALS.. Using a snake the proper way is through the over flowmopening NOT through the tub shoe as your now going through more 90 degree fittings then are necessary.

Snaking from the over flow is the direct route to the trap as normally your going through the “RUN” of the tee and not the BULL end as this connection is for the tub waste. By going though the tub waste your hitting 2 more 90 degrees than going from the top opening. Hey have fun that is the main thing

UNLESS you have a Lay Down tee Or side outlet type the easiest BEST way to rod it is overflow strainght down

Participant

Since you have already used chemicals on the drain, YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO CALL A PLUMBER AND INFORM HIM THAT YOU HAVE USED CHEMICALS ON THIS DRAIN STOPPAGE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU PLUNGE THIS DRAIN!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This