saddle on cast iron pipe

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage saddle on cast iron pipe

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I want to attach a new 1 1/4 in. or 1 1/2 in. drain pipe to my waste line, which is made up of 30 inch long, 4 in. cast iron hubbed horizontal pipes, using a saddle. What’s the best way to make the hole in the cast iron pipe? My guess would be using a hole saw, but I’ve never seen a hacksaw-type hole saw.

Also, one 30 inch pipe piece already has a saddle on it, is there some code (Hempstead Town, NY, USA) or practical limitation about having two saddles on the same piece?

Participant

This is one of the many reasons I gave up my Long Island and Weschester licenses. I just never renewed them. As long Island codes have a lot to be desired.

Ok here it is in a nut shell Saddles are not a very professional to install on any drain line connection.

You see drainage fittings are designed to go with the flow not going in like a tee connection.

Most saddle connections are straight and not going at right degree angles.

Personally I would check the local codes to see the use of NO HUB couplings and fittings are allowed
          (DONT USE FERNCO)
          Then cut in a 4×2 or 4×11/2 fitting either a Wye or Long turn. tee wye. This would give proper drainage flow. IF you need a good Long Island plumber please feel free to E mail me.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This