Toilet trouble

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Toilet trouble

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

First I had a problem with a stopped up toilet on the second floor. Called a plumber–he didn’t find it. Now
        the same toilet runs constantly and takes forever to fill. Then the same toilet overflowed. Then I noticed water on
        the ceiling in the kitchen and I’m hoping it’s related to the toilet problem and not something else. On top of all
        that, I noticed that the powder room toilet (on the first floor) would not flush today. I’m going crazy between the
        running, overflowing, etc.
        PLEASE PLEASE help me. I am prepared to buy a new toilet for the second floor, but what about the first floor?

Participant

You have several problems only connected by toilets.

“problem with a stopped up toilet on the second floor. Called a plumber–he didn’t find it. Now
          same toilet runs constantly and takes forever to fill”

This is caused by the fill valve and not related to the blockage. You need a new fill valve and a flapper.

“Then the same toilet overflowed. Then I noticed water on the ceiling in the kitchen and I’m hoping it’s related to the toilet problem and not something else.”

Most likely water from the overflowing toilet that staturated the floor around the stool and came through the ceiling.

“I noticed that the powder room toilet (on the first floor)would not flush today.”

Was this caused by backing up or a water supply problem?

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This