septic tanks & garbage disposal

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage septic tanks & garbage disposal

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 24 years ago by Avatar photojack spotz.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

Is it possible to have a garbage disposal with a septic tank. We just bought a house in an unincoporated area, have well water and septic tank. We also have 2 dogs and I can’t stand putting the garbage in the waste basket – I’d love to have a disposal. If it only means emptying the tank more often that’s OK. Would you also suggest the size of disposal?
        Thank you very much.
        Mary Hilton

Participant

Mary, yes! you sure can have a disposal on a septic tank with no problems. thats just one of those old myths that didn’t go away. if your really concerned i.s.e.(in-sink-erator) just invented a disposer just for homeowners with septic tanks. the have admitted that it wasn’t really necessary, its a sales tool for customers who’ve heard the rumor. it actually injects some kind of septic system helper every time you run the disposer. i live in the country too, i have an I.S.E.333SS PRO disposer, its my #1 seller for good reason. it is sooo quiet i’ve had ladies not believe it’s running while they’re sitting at their kitchen table. it has a high (3/4) h.p motor and an all stainless steel grind chamber, they work great for many many years. you can visit http://www.insinkerator.com for details. jack

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This