FRENCH DRAIN COLLECTION BASIN

Home Forums Public Forums Drainage & Sewerage FRENCH DRAIN COLLECTION BASIN

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

I want to install french drains around my concrete patio.My problem is that I have nowhere to drain it off due to a lack of pitch.I was thinking about running the water into a collection basin then pumping it out into the street.What can I use as my collection basin and where should I place it??The patio is 12’x 32′ with one side of the 32′ against the house.I want to run the drains on all three exposed sides.Thank you very much!!

Participant

RICKV, Check out the products offered by a Colorado Company, Invisible Structures, Inc., specifically, a product called RainStore3. Their products are made with 100% recycled plastic.

Their web page address is invisiblestructures.com

Depending upon how much water that you have to deal with, it may be feasible to wrap the RainStore3 with a geotextile so that the collected water can be applied the soil below the surface. This would eliminate the need to pump the water into the street.

The french drain itself can be constructed with the traditional gravel and perforated pipe, or you could utilize a gravelless alternative called Advan-Edge, manufactured by Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc..

The slope of the gravity pipe for drainage to the RainStore3 can be as little as 1/8 of an inch per foot. JWA

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This