Pyrox Vaillant hotwater heater

Home Forums Public Forums Gas & Gasfitting Pyrox Vaillant hotwater heater

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 17 years ago by Avatar photoSelgas.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

We have a pyrox hotwater heater in our house which has been working fine for the past year (that’s how long we have been in this house). Last week it decided to stop heating the water. Water is flow through ok and gas is still coming through the pilot ok. The water pressure seems to be the same as it always was? Does anyone have some suggestions besides probably a good service. I don’t know how old the system is but I would say 10 – 15 years?

Participant

Has someone altered the gas flow slide control setting which if they had moved it to the wrong side then all that would happen is the pilot would remain alight but no gas would flow to the main burner. If this is not the case then another likely cause could be a damaged or ruptured diaphram in the water control valve which is a very simple and economical repair by a suitably qualified service person familiar with this product.
          My advice is it is time you had a service person give this unit a thorough check over knowing that 10 years is a reasonable life expectancy for these low entry heating units.

Selgas Services Ltd
          Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This