Hoyt water heater 30 gal

Home Forums Public Forums Gas & Gasfitting Hoyt water heater 30 gal

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I have a water heater that the pilot light works but I can’t get the main flame to stay or it just won’t light.
        thanks
        Michael

Participant

Does the pilot light stay alight all the time and is it just the main burner that you cannot get to keep going or is it both burners that go out all the time??

Selgas Services Ltd
          Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Participant

The pilot light stays lit and the main burner has relit 2 times for a few minutes. I don’t know makes the diaphram open to let gas to the burner, but that seems to be my problem. Thank You for replying.
            Michael

Participant

Sure sounds to me like you have a problem with a faulty thermostat on this heater which for some reason is sticking and not allowing the valve that allows the gas to flow to open and close properly. I would suggest you look at the thermostat and it’s likely replacement to resolve your problem.
              If the heater has a Robertshaw RT control valve then it is very likely that the poppet valve seat is sticking and you should get a suitably qualified serviceperson to attend to it freeing up ( which usually involved cleaning the valve seat and the guide ).

Selgas Services Ltd
              Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This