Thermar Tankless Recommendation

Home Forums Public Forums Gas & Gasfitting Thermar Tankless Recommendation

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Just purchased a house with new, uninstalled Thermar tankless lp gas water heater. Research shows Thermar no longer manufactured. Is it advisable to go ahead and install and hope for good maintenence or to discard and go with more solid brand name???

Participant

“The Rest of the Story”

If you will e-mail me your fax number I will send you some very interesting facts about tankless water heaters.

I would only have a tank type water heater in my house.

Participant

Plumbill

I would appreciate it greatly if you would be so kind as to email me with the data you have on tankless unit as well please at [email protected].
            Cheers

Selgas Services Ltd
            Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Participant

Yes, if you can e-mail me the data on tankless heaters I would appreciate it. This is a cabin, for part time occupancy, so the tankless aspect is appealing from efficiency standpoint. Also, we had a tankless 25 years ago in an apartment we rented in Germany. That one was not without its faults, but haven’t their been improvements in the meantime? My email is [email protected].

Participant

I’ll do a new post so you can see what our Cooperative has to say.
                http://www.wecnmagazine.com/2006issues/localpdfsaugust06/AC86TanklessWaterHeaters.pdp

» This message has been edited by PLUMBILL on 05 December 2006

Participant

Thanks for the the “rest of the story” article. It has given me some additional things to consider. I’m okay with the capacity, but the house is on a well and we’ll certainly need to consider the hardness and purtiy of water.

Participant

Dezell

Thank you for the informative email you sent me regarding the above – I hope you have had time to read my reply to you.
                    Electrical Supply Authorities absolutely will defend their electrical energy sales with any means possible as is clearly stated in the data you sent me – however, after all the dust has settled they should just sit back and get on with growning their business in the proper manner – slanging matches between all energy suppliers have and never will resolve issues or give consumers the correct answers to options they may wish to persue.
                    Interesting to see that your Companies over there are trying what ours did years ago and still failed for efficiency and economic reasons. Tankless water heaters are in the market to stay and I can assure you that they will increase in numbers very dramatically as folks get to have them fitted in their homes.

Selgas Services Ltd

Participant

whoops that last post of mine should have been addressed to Plumbill – my opologies there Desel.

Selgas Services Ltd

Participant

Peter, no problem. I’m still looking for some insight on the original question regarding the Thermar heater. Any experience with these?

Participant

Nope I have no experience with that brand of tankless heater but I would suggest experience has shown me over the many years I have been in business that if the product manufacturer is no longer in business then the best place for the appliance would be the rubbish bin cause it is gunna be hell to try and buy any parts you may need to repair it in the future.

Selgas Services Ltd

Participant

Thanks Peter. I’m inclined to agree. I saw one of these for sale on ebay. There wasn’t a lot of intereste.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This