Pilot light gone out

Home Forums Public Forums Gas & Gasfitting Pilot light gone out

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

My reticulation decided to go crazy and one of the sprinklers sprayed onto my Bosch 10H Gas hot water system overnight. The Pilot light went out. I’m not sure how to restart it because it has an Automatic pilot. I switched the main switch off and back on again but nothing happens- the green light doesn’t come on. Help

Participant

Given that water has sprayed into and on the unit it would be fair to assume that it has also wet the electrical power supply plug in that is connected to it – so the first thing would be to check if all your fuses are still intact at the meter board as it is likely your problem has resulted in a fuse to the water heater power point has blown. – This would be the very first thing to check reply back if this is not the problem as we will go on from here.

Selgas Services Ltd
          Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Participant

Woops nearly forgot – if the model you have there is also known as a Hydroflow model that has a toggle switch inside the cover and along side of it a green LED light that lights up when it is operating then the problem will not be the external power supply as this model generates it’s it own power via a small water generator that is only activated when the hot water tap is fully turned on inside the house – the generator supplies voltage to the electronic control that activates the sparking system to light the pilot light – it is not likely that the water sprayed onto this heater would cause you any problem as the unit is fairly well weatherproofed for outdoor use. If the sprayed water continually sprayed throught and down the flueway then the fault would lay with the pilot burner and spark electrodes being wet or in the case of the pilot light water may have gotten into the small jet and temporarily blocked the gas supply from getting to the burner tip. Use a small hair drier and gently apply warmed air to both od these areas until they are completely dry and things should get back into action.

Selgas Services Ltd
            Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This