bradford white gas hot water heater problem

Home Forums Public Forums Gas & Gasfitting bradford white gas hot water heater problem

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

i have a 6 year old bradford white gas hot water heater model #mitw40l6ln10, that for the past few months has been ignighting and ignighting and ignighting. It seems it fires then goes out…it may take anywhere from 3 to 20 times before it finally stays lit to reheat the water. I had a service call today..$80.00…for them to tell me it could be the circuit board, the flame sensor or the gas valve. They said there was not way to test it and we would have to pay for each one to see which it was. Anyone out there have a clue to save us a few $$?? Is it common for a hot water tank to only last 6 years. Our last was an electric we had for 10.

Participant

Why didnt you call Bradford White?

Participant

This is typical form of repair carried out by most heating engineers. There is no reason why, when a fault that is on, fault diagnoses cannot be used to pinpoint defective component.

You do not need to be an engineer to chage parts piece meal until the fault is cleared.

Participant

I did end up calling bradford white….i didn’t think they would talk to a consumer directly…but they did. Dustin in tech services was very helpful and faxed me the troubleshooting guide for my problem…he said i never should have been told there was not troubleshooting for this. He said it sounded like the ignighter module and sent me the part # to order. i will be sure to call a different plumbing/heating contractor the next time. I just wish i could get my $80 service fee back!!

Participant

In reply to message posted by docous:
                I did end up calling bradford white….i didn’t think they would talk to a consumer directly…but they did. Dustin in tech services was very helpful and faxed me the troubleshooting guide for my problem…he said i never should have been told there was not troubleshooting for this. He said it sounded like the ignighter module and sent me the part # to order. i will be sure to call a different plumbing/heating contractor the next time. I just wish i could get my $80 service fee back!!

Bradford White happens to one of the most reliable companies out there.

I could give you horror stories about AO Smith For get about it Stick with a winner.

Many times the do it yourself person is much better “qualified” then the bums with no license.

At least the home owner can read and understand what they are reading

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This