Tankless Gas Water Heaters

Home Forums Public Forums Gas & Gasfitting Tankless Gas Water Heaters

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

What brand of tankless water heater is the best and are they better than tank water heaters? [email protected]

Participant

Depends on the application, like me asking WHICH car is best?

My Mercedes is a fast and takes turns like a rocket 0-60 in under 6 seconds BUT no way would I take that car out in the Snow for that Subaru Rules

Certain applications you may need high volume for short periods tanks are the way to go.

Prolonged usage at a given flow tankless coils are the best

Tankless coils generally are more efficient as you have less stand by losses and coils last a heck of a lot longer then a tank.

With a tankless coil set up with a boiler you can fine tune the system for the best of both worlds.

Again you need to know the system requirements.

On some of my larger installations I have used 4- 200 gallon tanks in parallel and on other high rise residential buildings I used a coil that went through a boiler with a firing rate of 2,520,000 BTU input per hr just to meet peak demands.

18 GPH # 2 oil Or 2,100 CU FT Natural gas as it is a duel burner.

I can just about run an 11/4 line fully open 24 -7 and not run out the way this piping arrangement is designed with the tempering valves and other add ons to make for a professional installation.

Know your system needs then you can decide your exact requirements.

Basic Fixture unit demand works wonders

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This