Cutting into a existing 6″ gas line?

Home Forums Public Forums Gas & Gasfitting Cutting into a existing 6″ gas line?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Do I need to purge the system? Or is there away to cut it without purging it?

Participant

Yes, there are systems to tap into a live gas line (Or high pressure steam or water lines, etc.) BUT if your not familia with the procedure DON’T even try it.

I did it a few times on city cast Iron gas mains 36″ diameter but would never even try to explain how on here.

I would strongly suggest you check out contractors that do this all the time and who carry heavy insurance.

One mistake and you bought the farm.

SylvanLMP

Participant

I have to agree with Sylvan. If you need to ask that question, then you should leave the job to a qualified professional. The procedure isn’t real complicated, however following the proper steps is the difference between success and failure.

Participant

In reply to message posted by robala:
              I have to agree with Sylvan. If you need to ask that question, then you should leave the job to a qualified professional. The procedure isn’t real complicated, however following the proper steps is the difference between success and failure.

Thank you as one Journeyman to another. UA Class of “74” Plumbers Local 2

SylvanLMP

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This