Gas pipe in a stud cavity

Home Forums Public Forums Gas & Gasfitting Gas pipe in a stud cavity

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I am installing a ceiling heater in my garage. Before I sheet the inside wall I want to bury the gas pipe in the wall. The heater has a 1/2 fitting. What type of pipe can I use in the wall. I thought I could use black pipe but I was told not to. Can I get some suggestions. I want to get the pipe in now and then have the heater installed later.

Participant

In this area your only two choices would be corrugated flexible pipe, (which is not sold to anyone but certified installers), or steel pipe, (either black or galvanized as long as it was indoors).

Participant

While I am not aware of what the local gas safety regulations are, to enclosed a gas pipe in cavity is risky as a leak in the cavity would lead to pockets of gas that could ignite with dire results.

We are required to to fit a gas line in a sleave that passes through the cavity taking the shortest route and then seal the sleave so no gas can ingress into the cavity

Participant

Thanks for your answers, I guess I will just run the black pipe up the outside of the finsihed inside wall.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This