Waterheater Pilot light

Home Forums Public Forums Gas & Gasfitting Waterheater Pilot light

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I’m having problems with my waterheater staying lit. I replaced the thermalcouple about two weeks ago and that seemed to fix the problem. I am now experiencing the same problem of the pilot not staying lit after I relight it. Should I replace the thermalcouple again or is something else causing this problem. Thanks to all who reply.

Participant

You need to check your pilot flame to see if it has a sharp blue flame hitting the tip of the thermocouple, if not, you will need to clean the pilot orifice.

Participant

Make sure you’ve got the thermocouple screwed in to the gas valve pretty securely

Participant

well it may or may not be the thermocouple below is just some of what it could be.
              1)Pilot flame
              first you need to check that the pilot is on(lit)has it a correct size and flame pattern and is playing the thermocouple in the right place there is a hot and a cold spot on a thermocouple and it will not work if the cold spot is heated or the hot spot cold
              2)Thermocouple may not be given right voltage
              3)magnetic valve faulty
              4)contacts could be dirty stoping voltage
              5)interlock like The E.C.O. may have failed or operated
              6)pilot flame may blow out from the main burner lighting or turning off (pilot in wrong place)
              7,8,9……. and so on and on

GET A LICENCED GASMAN TO CHECK IT OUT

For your saftey I don’t recommend that you try to fix it.The above info is just to show you that you should use qualified people, as they know what to check and look for. Plus they have the right tools and equipment to test for all of the above and more.

Michael the gasman http://www.burngas.com

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This