pilot won’t stay lit

Home Forums Public Forums Gas & Gasfitting pilot won’t stay lit

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

my 30 gallon water heater pilot won’t stay lit it will stay lit as long as my gas heater is on. anybody have any suggestions

Participant

S.O.P. ck.& clean pilot, change thermocouple. This is all that is needed most of the time.

Participant

SOP call a licensed plumber/ gas fitter to make sure your not getting “spillage” which is CO coming back into your home.

Only an idiot would just change the thermo coupling and not bother to check ALL the flue connections. Over 100,000 people a year die from faulty gas appliances (In the USA)thinking it just a simple repair. GAMA spends millions of dollars trying to get the word out GAS FIRED EQUIPMENT is not a joking matter. A “simple” pilot light going out can be from a spill back or possible gas pressure regulator problem or excessive condensation spilling on the flame OR not enough “free Air” for combustion OR the thermo coupling not in the flame OR a bad thermo couple OR too high or too low gas pressure or oscillation due to down drafts. SIGHT UNSEEN is a very dangerious way of guessing what possibly could be wrong. EVEN if your local licensed Master Plumber did charge you $75-$125 isnt your life worth something?

SylvanLMP
            [Edited by SylvanLMP on 02 April 2000]

Participant

sylvan: I think he should move to sunny Florida, buy a $289,000 house with a black water storage tank on the roof (oops, better forget the tank on the roof, the structural engineer has been busy in New York City trying to find the LOAD causing excessive stress in one specific geographical area). Well he can put the tank on the ground it will still get good and hot (oops, might get too hot and scald someone). On second thought, in Florida the cold water is fairly warm anyway, he’d be much safer without hot water anyway!!!! sylvan, I’m sure even you will agree with me on this. P.S. where is the best place in the City to get good “hard rolls”?

Participant

Hard rolls, EASY Little Italy In the BRONX
                Arthur Avenue of course.mmmmmm

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This