GAS VALVE

Home Forums Public Forums Gas & Gasfitting GAS VALVE

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 24 years ago by Avatar photoSylvanLMP.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

SHOULD I HAVE THE GAS CO INSTALL A SHUT OFF VALVE TO BE UP TO CODE? OR WILL A PRIVATE CONTRACTOR SUFICE?

Participant

either one will suffice. I would prefer the private contractor, since the gas company should only be selling gas and not udercutting the private contractors.

Participant

The utility is NOT licensed to do every aspect of gas installations OR repairs. A Licensed Master Plumber/gasfitter are legally allowed to work on gas supply lines. There has been several law suits where the utilities lost in court due to the fact their “techs” are not licensed and therefore NOT Qualified by code.

A Journeyman “plumber” is only allowed to do this kind of work if they are UNDER THE DIRECT EMPLOY of a Master Plumber. One other aspect the court has ruled is unfair utility competition in trying to get into the home repair/service business.

As a Master plumber I have been called upon to test the piping after the utility had shut off the service. As a matter of fact When the utility turns on the gas a “licensed Plumber” must be on the job site to relight all the applicences and bleed out the air from the system.. Good Luck.

SylvanLMP

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This