Toilet flushes OK for 2 days then stops.

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Toilet flushes OK for 2 days then stops.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

After plunging and snaking our children’s toilet, it works for about 2 days then backs-up. We have tried flushing only water and the thing still backs-up. I have even checked the vent pipe on the roof to see if it was clogged and it wasn’t. The strange thing is, after we plunger the toilet, it appears to work FINE. Any suggestions?

Participant

my guess is your 15 year old football playing son who can eat a half-o-beef a day only poops every two or three days

Participant

Hi Mark, A lot of times when a blockage comes back 2 or 3 days later it could mean that something was left inside the (toilet) fixture horn. When you said “you snaked” this line I hope you meant you used acloset auger and not a 1/4 ” “wire snake” I think you could one of 2 things going on here.
            1- Either a Q tip or other foregin object causing this stoppageto re appear OR

2- Not enough water volume to properly get the solids to flow away. Try raising the water level to 1 ” below the refill tube if it is a tank and bowl Also consider using a large drop head Auger like the “General ” spring and wire type.

please keep me posted good luck.

SylvanLMP

Participant

i had the same thing once upon a time– found out i had a small tree root in the line- i would use the snake ( 1/2 in. ) and everythuing was find- four in my family- one weeks later back up again– get snake ( push all the paper and thing down the drain i was all right for about 1 to 1/2 weeks. i finanly broke the roots
              with a 2 in: claw ( SOME CALL IT BLADE- TWO ) IT WAS SMALLER THEN A PENCIL IN DIMAMETER. ( I BELIVE YOU HAVE ROOTS )

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This