no water after faucet repair

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing no water after faucet repair

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I had a dripping single handle bathroom faucet (probably a Valley). I got an identical inside assembly (cartridge?) from a hardware store and replaced the old assembly. But then, no water! I tried again, several times, being sure that the plastic tab stayed in the indent in the faucet while screwing down the outer ring. Still no water. I then put the old assembly back in, and no water! I’m at a loss. ???
        [img]desktop/faucet.jpg[/img]

Participant

Have you got water at stop under the sink, also did you drop anything in the faucet, take out carthrage and turn on stop under sink and see if you have water comming up. If you have then you are replacing the carthrage wrong, I never saw are heard of that faucet but I will go on net and see if I can find one.

Art retired plbg

Participant

Go to this web site which I found on Google and click on the faucet you got and they show you drawing of faucet.http://www.plumbingproducts.com/valley.html

Art retired plbg

Participant

I appreciate your response and the link to the Valley products. My cartridge is the V6680. I tried to insert a picture of my faucet into my first posting, but it didn’t work.

Yes, water does flow (when I turn it on beneath the sink). It does seem therefore that I may have inserted the cartridge incorrectly, but I have no idea how I can have done that. The cartridge has a plastic tab on the left side which fits into a detente on the metal base. With that in place, and the cap screwed on over it, it can fit in only one way. My next step is to replace the rubber inserts that fit into the hot and cold holes on the bottom of the base. I don’t really think this can be the cause of the problem, but at least I’ll try.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This