Dishwasher Vent …kitchen smell like soap.

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Dishwasher Vent …kitchen smell like soap.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

The vent on the top left side of the dishwasher door lets out a soap smell. While the dishwasher is on the whole kitchen smells like soap. It gives us all a headache.
        We have to open a window to let the air out. In the winter it’s horrible because the house gets very cold. Can this vent be plugged up without hurting the dishwasher?

Participant

That looks like the vent that lets the heat out when it drys. It might be soap that gets on drying element, are you using to much soap, try cutting down on the soap if you are using powder try liquid, are if you usin liquid use powder and see what happens, let me know.

Art retired plbg

Participant

I’ll try it and get back to you.
            Thanks,
            Frank

Participant

I have come across this problem once before down here and it turned out to be that the customer was puting the washing powder in the bottom tray of the dishwasher instead of the despensing container in the door. The smell was bad as the element heated to heat up the water and got worse when the machine was in the drying stage.
              The problem stopped dead just as soon as the customer began to put the washing powder into the proper despenser in the door container.
              A simple mistake with a simple remedy.

Selgas Services Ltd
              Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This