garbage disposal removal

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing garbage disposal removal

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have a Sinkmaster 750 that I’d like to remove & replace the sink-seals due to a leak.

I searched the archives on how to remove this unit, but previous advice has said to twist the bayonet mount collar COUNTER clockwise to get it to release. From looking at the unit it appears COUNTER clockwise will only tightened the mount. No doubt someone is thinking..turn it the other way…yeah, I tried that, but I can’t get any leverage in either direction as the disposal unit will turn freely within the sink-drain hole. Turning the garbage disposal itself COUNTER clockwise would appear to release it..but again…I can’t get any leverage and the entire unit will turn…drain collar, bayonet collar, disposer…everything.

What has been said to be the “EASIEST” disposal to remove has me stumped :-(. What am I missing?

Participant

You should have a collar with 3 seperate places that have holes in them.Put a screw driver in hole and have someone hold Disp. and turn it counter clock wise, if it dont bulge take a small hammer and tap it. Go to Google and ask how to install your brand of disposal and it will give you idea how to take flange off. It is hard to say how to do something if you are not there. You can also go to box store and look at them and get an on hand how to take them apart, that your best idea.

Art retired plbg

Participant

Maybe this site will help
            http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/kitchen/disposer/new/install.htm

Art retired plbg

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This