How to Remove Adia Faucet Plug Button

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing How to Remove Adia Faucet Plug Button

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hello,

I have an Adia faucet that needs a washer replaced due to constant dripping. I have tried to remove the plug button with a knife but am getting nowhere except scratching the fixture despite some tape on the top. I would appreciate any advice on how to get the the plug button out. Perhaps I am wrong in thinking what looks like the button has to come out??? It’s a small round piece with “Adia” on it, very smooth and not even raised above the surface. It’s made by a German company, Dornbracher. I have attached their web link if it’s of help.
        http://www.dornbracht.com/en/

Then at the left, follow these links:

Technical Information
        Historical Series
        Adia

The first Adia picture shows the faucet handle well, however, my actual fixture is the 2nd picture with that same handle.

Also, I am thinking correctly that this will take a standard “off the shelf” washer versus some special “Adia” washer? I can’t find a store around me that carries the brand to ask the question.

Thanks very much for your help.

Diane

Participant

There is no button on the Adia faucet, that’s just a logo. To remove the handle – turn the water supply off, then just turn the handle as if you were turning on the water and continue spinning until it comes off. To fix a leak, you need to replace the cartridge. The cartridge is manufacutered by Dornbracht. There is a seperate one each for hot and cold. Make sure you order the correct one.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This