Creaking Bathtub

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Creaking Bathtub

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I live in a 2nd floor condo, and my bathtub has recently started to creak when I step in it. I’ve been here 10 years, and the tub was not new when I moved in. I believe it is iron, and the floor underneath should be poured concrete like the rest of the floors. So what could be causing it to creak? What do I need to do about this?

Participant

Sounds like the support has come loose, if it was installed right you should have a support on the stud wall to hold up tub, some guys just weg a 2×4 on the side. You have to cut wall about 4″ above tub and see if the 2by is nailed on studs.

Art retired plbg

Participant

In reply to message posted by Got2Know:
            I live in a 2nd floor condo, and my bathtub has recently started to creak when I step in it. I’ve been here 10 years, and the tub was not new when I moved in. I believe it is iron, and the floor underneath should be poured concrete like the rest of the floors. So what could be causing it to creak? What do I need to do about this?

Poured concrete on the second floor? I doubt it, unless you live in an “industrial” type building. In any case, the problem is due to settling of the floor and the only way to fix it is to insert shims under the tub. Main problem will be to get access under the tub.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This