Hot Water Service Problem

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Hot Water Service Problem

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I don’t know if there’s anyone here that can help me, but I have a problem with my hot water service. For the last day or so, it constantly sounds like it’s “on” – it sounds like it normally does whenever the hot water is actually being used. Even when the hot water isn’t turned on in the house, the system is making noises outside. Can anyone tell me what this means, and how I can stop it? Thanks.

Participant

If you are referring to a water running noise then I would check the TPR Valve outlet to see if it constantly running if it is it need replacing which will save water and your running costs

Selgas Services Ltd
          Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Participant

What do you mean it makes noise outside, is your water heater outside, did you ever think it could be the cw leaking and you think it is the hot, check your toilets and see if the flapper in the toilet is not leaking. Your tank could be full of lime and it makes a noise, next time you here the noise turn off cw to heater and see if it still makes noise, let me know.

Art retired plbg

Participant

Yes, the hot water service is outside. It seems like there’s a leak, the valve feels hot & there’s a little bit of water dripping off the pipes.

Participant

Without seeing the heater it sounds like a fitting is leaking, check the pipes and see are call a Lic. Plumber.

Art retired plbg

Participant

Read my earlier post – have the TPR valve checked to see if it is letting water flow continually – if not check for water leaks within pipework to and from house from cylinder.

Selgas Services Ltd
                  Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Participant

Thanks very much, I’ll give it a go.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This