Australian & American thread patterns!?!

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Australian & American thread patterns!?!

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 18 years ago by Avatar photoRetired plbg1.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I am interested in buying a massage shower panel from the states and was asked if “thread patterns would be the same in Australia as in the US”. I have no idea whatsoever and before committing to buying I was wondering if anyone out there can help please
        thanks – Rosa

Participant

Hi There, my experience from working in the States then coming back home again tought me that in the USA they use NPT threads ( National Pipe Threads ) whereas we down in the Southern Oceans use BSP threads ( British Standard Pipe ), the two look very similar but in fact they are very different and do not match satisfactorly. If you can get a NPT to BSP adaptor supplied with your equipment then your connection problems should be sorted out. You should also consider the likely problem of how and where you are going to get any parts when the object/s you have purchased from afar require any repair work down the track.

Selgas Services Ltd
          Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Participant

Like Peter sad buying material out of country could cost lot more when you neede service, I would think you could buy same thing down there ,check around before you buy.

Art retired plbg

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This