water softener

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing water softener

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 18 years ago by Avatar photoSelgas.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

New to soft water and I let the salt run out – to try without it and now I want the soft water and after adding salt pellets back to it, the water is still hard…help me please!!

Participant

Given that the unit had been allowed to run out of salt you can expect that the water contained within your system i.e. hot water tank etc would remain hard until the new refill of salt was made. Water softeners only use the salt brine solution when they are “backwashing” that is cleaning the scale and lime from the resin stored in the tall cylinderical tank. It could be that all the unit needs is for you to press or turn the button on the head piece that starts the regeneration programme working again. You will know when you have the right button or switch activated after about 5 minutes the unit will start washing itself out and sending the “dirty” water to the waste pipe. It usually takes depending on the model approximately 90 minutes for the whole backwashing process to be completed and softened water to start flowing. Check that if the unit has a power driven top head that the power is in fact being supplied to it.
          Let me know how you get on.

Selgas Services Ltd
          Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This