AS 1428.1-2001

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing AS 1428.1-2001

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

In the standards is a “dead” zone on a bathroom floor out from a basin and toilet taht has to be empty, including no floor waste. Anybody know the measurments, or have a scan of the code of that section ??

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
        Participant

Bungie get the terminoligy right-its a circulation space – Basin 1100 in front & 800 wide with free access space under the basin 640 high & 400 wide to 290 high at the wall, toot is 1100 front & side to a basin with a min of 1200 to a wall, I cannot find any requirement for a floor waste to be excluded except that in the notes on basins it states that “A floor waste may be used if the waste enters the floor outside the circulation space” I read that to say that the floor wast can be anywhere provided the basin wast enters the floor outside the exclusion zone.
          Argustuft

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
          Participant

bungie, the devil in me thaught of using centimetres, however I believe you are already in a confused state at this time of life, you can email me with your contact details & I will fax you the pages.
            Bob

Participant

Sorry bob but none of the emails attached to this site work

three three seven eight six three nine nine is the fax number

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This