Galvanised pipe repair

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Galvanised pipe repair

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #277730
      Avatar photoMasterPlumbers

        I have a broken galvavnised pipe that then goes under ground so it is not possible to get to a join.
        what is the best way to repair – can I thread the top back to 3/4 inch – if so how ?

        Any feed back would be appreciatednull

      • #297010
        Avatar photoRetired plbg1

          You will have to dig up around the pipe and unscrew that broken piece out and replace it. Good luck, let me know how you fix it. What did you mean can I thread a 3/4″ on top.

          Art retired plbg

        • #297011
          Avatar photoSelgas

            You could use a band clamp to seal around where the galv pipe is broken or a Johnson coupling to reconnect and seal a galv pipe that has been completely cut in half – both devices are designed to be used where threading of pipe is prohibitive or impossible and both are made of stainless stell or galv Iron.

            Selgas Services Ltd
            Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

        Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

        Pin It on Pinterest

        Share This