Black Particles from Kitchen Flick Mixer

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Black Particles from Kitchen Flick Mixer

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      MasterPlumbers
      Keymaster

I have experienced black particles that seem to be coming from the flick mixer. No other taps in house are affected and it only is evident when the flick mixer is fully openned. Removed the aerator but the problem still occurs. Wondering whether anyone has any idea as to the source of the problem and how to rectify?

timmyrobby2
      Participant

Mojo

The black particles that you are noticing are more than likely manganese oxide particles. Manganese is a naturally occuring mineral associated with certain drinking water sources. An iron removal filter has worked for us in the past.

Tim

Selgas
      Participant

Could simply be a slowly disolving rubber type material washer or o ring that is getting past it’s use by date, if you don’t know how to dissasemble and rebuild the mixer then contact a serviceman to undertake the job for you – some of the valves that are ceramic disc types can be a real SOB to get back together – yes even for us!!

Selgas Services Ltd
      Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

AKPlumber
      Participant

What in the world is a “flick” mixer?

I think I better stick to American sites, this one’s terminology throws me for a loop at times.

Selgas
      Participant

AK

A Flick mixer is a mixing faucet that has only one control lever that can be turned to any position like that of a shower mixer. These are usually fitted in basins, kitchen sinks and the like and are usually ceramic cartridge type operating. Hope this helps with the confusion.

Selgas Services Ltd
      Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This