Leaking Hot Water Unit

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Leaking Hot Water Unit

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hi Team, My Rheem hot water unit has developed a leak from the rubber gromet in the middle at the top of the unit. I assume this gromet covers the access to the anode. Is it a simple fix (something just come loose)or am i looking at a new unit? Thanks in anticipation for your help.

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
        Participant

mick1 Mick your vernacular suggests that you are a Yank or a part of a corporate body.
          Check the D.O.M if it is less than 5 years old then if you are Australian you have a warranty claim.
          If older than 5 years then flick the “grommet” out & check to see if the large nut is leaking or the tank.
          I would suggest that you check that this leakage is not affecting the electric’s, if there is wettness in the area of the electric’s then shut off the power & tag the switch off.
          If the tank is leaking it will need a new tank.
          If the nut is leaking then you will need an 1.1/8 ring spanner to remove the nut, remove it & check that the anode is in good 100% coverage, if not get a new one & then replace it.

Bob

» This message has been edited by Robert Stephen Morton on 13 November 2005

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This