Crane toilets running…

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Crane toilets running…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I have had three Crane toilets installed just last year (I just moved here) and now two of them have problems continuing to run. I have replaced toilet guts before, but these aren’t standard ballcocks. They have a little cup that has air in it and rises with the water. The pressure of the rising cup lifts the arm to shut off the water. But even though I have adjusted the slide for how far the cup goes so that it should shut off the water sooner, it still doesn’t seem to lift up hard enough to shut off the valve.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I would love to know whether there is a workaround or if anyone knows of a recall. I can’t find the model name but they were advertising them as being able to flush a dozen golf balls down them.

I am so sorry I bought three of them. I wish I had just tried one out for a while before replacing the others. Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Participant

I am not familar with that ballcock but if you hold up the arm does water stop if it does look for some other ajustment. Is the flapper holding the water in the tank, did you try Cranes web site, let me know.

Art retired plbg

Participant

Just gotta love Crane and their goofy ballcock gadgety configurations.

Love the prices on replacement ones too.

Participant

Just an update. I have the Sureflush toilets and I called the local Crane distributor and they gave me an 800 number for Crane Customer Service. I called them and explained the problem and it is apparently a known issue. They are mailing me three replacement parts to fix it and they say it will only take 5 minutes. I can’t say I am happy about having to do this, but if it fixes it at least I can say Crane stepped up and did the right thing after selling a defective part. I will update here when I get the parts and post the number in case others need it.
              The Cust Serv number may have been on some of the documentation that came with the toilets, but I think the plumbers who installed it might have tossed some of that. Either that or my wife filed it somewhere In either case, it wasn’t easy for me to find.

Thanks very much for the helpful replies.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This