Tiny Air Hole Leaking

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Tiny Air Hole Leaking

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a Kohler kitchen faucet with a single handle. On the back of the faucet there is a tiny hole with the letters “CL” beneath it. I am guessing that this is an air hole. The problem is that it leaks a tiny amount of water throughout the day. By the time I get home from work, my counter has a puddle of water on it. Any advice oh how to fix it?

Participant

“CL” is Critical Level < The point at which the fixture loses its protection to prevent a cross connection.

Sounds like an air break or air gap built into the faucet itsself.

There is probably a backflow preventor that is internal inside of the faucet that is made out of rubber that has failed or has debri holding it open.

I would suggest a full rebuild on the faucet, thorough inspection of the internals to resolve the problem.

Go to http://www.kohler.com and contact customer service to get the parts you need, they are probably under warranty if it is relatively new.

DUNBAR

Website Moderator

» This message has been edited by DUNBAR on 14 September 2005

Participant

I contacted Kohler and they are sending me some internal parts to fix the leak. There is a lifetime warranty for this model so everything is covered except for the installation. Thank you very much for the advice!

» This message has been edited by saawad on 14 September 2005

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This