help ?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing help ?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #277675

      Good afternoon ,
      As I type , im about ready to explode .
      I was just informed my house of 7 years ( house is 13 yrs old )
      has the Ploybutylene leak at the main supply line valve and has
      flooded part of basement . We were told by Erie Ins they will not cover
      anything with Polybutylen piping .
      Do you know if there is any help out there anywhere for people like us ?
      The plumber told us that every house in our huge development will require this
      at some time if not already ?
      Is there anything we can do ? anything ????


      Columbia Maryland

    • #296879
      Retired plbg1
      Participant AEB

      I wnet to and put that pipe in search and there are all kinds of law suits there with that pipe, here is one check out the site and make cotact, let me know.

      Art retired plbg

    • #296880

      The class action settlement has very specific requirements a home must fall under to be covered. Be sure to check out all the information to see if your home qualifies.

      My own home didnt qualify when my PB waterline finally bit the dust. The upside was that I was able to replace the line myself and while doing so replaced 3 other waterlines on my street that hadnt broken….YET! The other three waterlines covered my own cost of replacement and my neighbors were able to have a new waterline (inevitable) without the risk of coming home one day to find their basement flooded.

      Good luck!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This