old drain pipe, supply lines, and curb

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing old drain pipe, supply lines, and curb

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve completed the demolition of my old shower, but am puzzled now. I am on a slab foundation. My drain pipe is not centered, and it rises about 2 inches off the slab. It does not appear to have weep holes, and I cannot remove it. Is it necessary to have the weep holes, and does it need to be removed?

From what I have read, my next step will be to lay down my curb, which is another challenge. My supply pipes rise 8″ above the slab where the curb should go. Should I make my entire curb 8″ high, or just the part by the pipes?. Should I use 2×2’s instead of 2×4’s so my curb will be on both sides of the pipes?

Here are some pics of my issues:
        http://www.geocities.com/dmwinkley/pipes.html?11225903748488

Thanks,

Darren

Participant

That looks like an old shower drain. It will screw out, turn it counter clockwise, might have to heat it with torch and tap with hammer but it will come out. The cast iron body has weep holes in it but are full of conc. Get a new strainer that screws into that body so you can ajust it to new floor. Use 2×4 for wall and put access panel in back to get to the copper joints. Do not bury joints in conc. Put a little box around pipe and dont pour conc. in back just pour in front for curb. Any other help let me know.

Art retired plbg

Participant

That looks like an old shower drain. It will screw out, turn it counter clockwise, might have to heat it with torch and tap with hammer but it will come out. The cast iron body has weep holes in it but are full of conc. Get a new strainer that screws into that body so you can ajust it to new floor. Use 2×4 for wall and put access panel in back to get to the copper joints. Do not bury joints in conc. Put a little box around pipe and dont pour conc. in back just pour in front for curb. Any other help let me know.

Art retired plbg

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This