Under Bath Ventilation

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Under Bath Ventilation

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Is it recommended to provide under bath ventilation to a bath hob enclosure?
        It seems to no longer be standard proceedure to do so, is there a reason for this and why did it used to be a standard detail?
        Any one got any ideas?

Participant

Never heard that before, I dont think we have anything like that here,sorry. Let me know what you come up with.

Art retired plbg

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
          Participant

Natasha.
            It would help if you indicated from where you come from. In NSW there used to be a regulation (about 30years ago) where the under floor of the bath had to be grade to the outside with a 1/2″ pipe thru the bath wall & ventilators in the bath enclosure. I suppose in the lower temperature climates there is a tendency for condensation to drip off the bath & maybe even needing ventilation, I have not seen this required for 30 odd years so it is not a issue.
            Bob

Participant

Not down this way either nowdays maybe it applied when we were fitting enamelled steel baths in the cooler climate areas – which is certainly not New Zealand even though we are the closest Nation to the South Pole!!!!

Selgas Services Ltd
              Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This