MARVEL RING

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing MARVEL RING

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Where can I purchase 1 1/4″ and 1 1/2″ Marvel rings?Please dont tell me to use males adaptors.Are the rings still made,or does anyone have any?THANKS

Participant

Last I checked, Lowe’s and Home Depot still sell the Marvel Rings. I am sure Lowe’s does.

Participant

Also, if you live in a very rural area, I have a few laying around here I could send off to you. If that’s the case let me know.

Participant

What is a Marvel Ring, never heard them in Plumbing, must be something new.

Art retired plbg

Participant

Hi Art.

It’s basically just a spacer ring that is used to build up the flange when new flooring has been installed for example and results in the flange being at or below floor level. It is also sometimes used to help rotted out flanges (especially where the bolt carriers are broken/rotted and will not hold a bolt anymore). They’ve been around for quite awhile, but alot of guys don’t like using them and prefer fixing it properly though these rings can many times save your day and can last for years.

Participant

One thing I should add though…..I just noticed the original poster specified Marvel rings in 1 1/4 and 1 1/2″. ??? I don’t think a flange ring is what this guy is wanting after all. Unless he is referring somehow to the bolt slot diameters (which still would’nt make much sense).

Participant

But he said 1-1/4″ & 1-1/2″ marvel rings, did he mean the thickness are was he talking about using them on that size pipe.

Art retired plbg

Participant

I have no idea, but i hope it’s not the size of pipe!

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This